Feb 2015

The following is a summary of our meeting, using abridged notes from the official minutes they are not intended to be a replacement of those minutes, a full copy of the minutes are available from the group Secretary.

Minutes of a meeting held on Thursday, 5th February 2015 at Clevedon Sailing Club

PRESENT: David Robinson (Chair), Stewart Edwards, Michael Adames, Paul Trowbridge, Judith James

APOLOGIES: Jackie Tate, Simon Osborn

MINUTES:  of the last meeting were agreed.

FINANCES/GRANTS – £20 had been received from the Clevedon Woodcutters for the use of the trailer. A donation of £50 revived from B M Vaughan . Clevedon Town Council has pledged £100.

Bank balance stands as £202.02 which means there is no need of further fund raising at the moment.

RIVER CLEANING – Culvert and weed clearing undertaken far as the Conservative Club. It was noted that a timber has dropped in one of the culverts, when conditions are suitable arrangements will be made to remove it. Behind Leslie Dark’s was cleared of weed growing in the centre of the channel. It had been noted that the level had been increasing upstream in the Old Dairy site, it returned to normal after the clearing. This section had been missed by EA contractors last year. The section from the NSC trash screen to Parnell Road was checked and found to be mainly clear of rubbish and weed.

EQUIPMENT – Nothing to report

FOOTPATHS/WALKS –  Andy Carroll has established that the cost of sign for Jacob’s Walk is £68.20 and it will be similar to NS signs, to be erected by NS. The path is untidy and overgrown and there is an element of maintenance required, Paul will talk to local councillor about this.

On going negations currently being undertaken with regards to Two Rivers Walk

LEVELS AND FLOW – See ‘The River’ – Levels

REPORTS FROM RIVER REPRESENTATIVES

Bernard’s Section – The weed by the M5 culvert and in the Yearling Ditch reported before the last meeting are still there. An e-mail with photographs sent to the EA resulted in its clearance. Cooks Lane two kingfishers were spotted.

Stewart’s Section – Rubbish bin removed by Medical Centre bridge, otherwise good conditions for time of year. An egret was recently spotted.

Town Section – NSC trash screen cleared before Christmas and a request made for it to be cleared again. A new Group have taken over the management of Old Dairy Court, they have been contacted  with regard to the accumulation of debris at their trash screen. Contractors to prepare a quote for its removal.

Trevor’s Section – Arrangements to be made to enter the river by the Scout Hut to check for rubbish downstream as far as the playing fields.

Paul’s section – There was an accumulation of water on the river bank as a result of run off from one of the buildings,  Mike will visit again and point out that this is having an effect to the path.

PUBLICITY – Nothing to report

WEBSITE – Nothing to report

DATE OF NEXT MEETING –  2nd April 2015

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s