The following is a summary of our AGM meeting, using abridged notes from the official minutes they are not intended to be a replacement of those minutes, a full copy of the minutes are available from the group Secretary.
Present : Jackie Tate (Chair) Stewart Edwards, Frank Jacobs, Trevor Incle, Chris Incle, Sam Harrison, Pete Cornock, Mike Adames, Simon Osborn, Peter Griffin, Tom Harper, David Robinson, Paul Trowbridge
1. Apologies :- Pam Soper, Judith James, Alan Cotton, Joe Norman ( Marlens)
2. Minutes of the AGM held on 8th September:- Although no copy of the minutes were available they were agrees without objection.
3. Annual report by Chair – please request a copy of the written record held on file if required.
4. Treasurers report – see sub heading for account details.
The following matters were raised concerning the report.
a. Query regarding the two payments to Clevedon Sailing Club of £50.00 – the new treasurer (see below) will check if the two payments were actually made for periods shown.
b. A cash collection of £69.00 from a talk by Alan to the Clevedon W.I, not yet banked, to be included in the 2013 accounts
c. DR suggested purchase of a projector to display the power point presentation at talks
d. SO queried the number of litter pickers – under ‘Assets’ – as there was a possibility that one had been lost
5. Election of officers: –
1. Chair: Jackie Tate to stand for a further year
2. Secretary: Judith James to stand for a further year
3. Treasurer: Frank Jacobs appointed
4. Publicity Officer: David Robinson to continue in this position
All post were agreed / confirmed by those present
The following items were raised
Public areas – various bridges over the river
The ‘grade’ of the river
Responsibility of riparian owners
Adjustments of the river levels
Clearance of weeds
Full recorded details can be obtained from the groups Secretary if required.